Record Number of Mascots
Tomorrow evening sees a record number of junior mascots take to the field for Warrington Wolves. Eight player's children will represent the club as they lead their fathers on to the pitch to face London Broncos.
- Claudia Rodwell, Club Captain, Matt Rodwell's eldest daughter will lead her father out on her 4th birthday
- Jessie, 6 and Amber, 4 Domic will escort their father, Sid on to the field
- Robbie, 8 and Chloe, 5 Smyth, the winger Rob Smyth's children will accompany him out
- Sam Sturm, 8 will lead his father Matt Sturm
- Sophie Briers, 4 will escort her father Lee Briers on to the field
- Jordan Penny, 4 will lead Mark Hilton out as his father Lee is sidelined with a broken right wrist
London Broncos will be lead out by Jack, 8 and Hannah 11 Schofield who are from Warrington, but are big fans of London Broncos, especially Richie Barnett.Warrington Wolves this season will see 30 children in total lead them out as mascots during home and away games. The mascots prior to the game come to a team training session, normally the day before to watch them train and meet their favourite players. Warrington mascots are chosen through the Wolfpack database, request (sick/disadvantaged children) or as above a one of special. It is a free service offered by the Wolves which includes the shirt for those not in possession of a current replica. The day would notbe made possible if it was not for Karen Dean, a spectator who looks after the children prior to kick off and ensures that they are returned to their parents to watch the game.
29, Apr, 2002