Part of the Union - 1879 to 1895
A new stand was opened at a cost of £3.10. A grass running track ran around the playing area. Horizontal bars, rings etc were erected for the use by members. A rounders club was formed to encourage players to keep fit during the summer.
New names again appeared on the fixture list, Carlisle, Wakefield Trinity, Leeds Parish Church and Broughton Rangers.
On 17th January the touring Maoris, became the first touring side to visit Warrington, one of 70 matches on an epic tour. The Maoris won by two goals and one try to one try and two minors. A minor was awarded when a defender is forced to touchdown behind his own line.
The first county game was played at Warrington. W. Dillon the Warrington captain was selected six times for his county during the season.
The "A" team was established along with a second team.
The 1890/1 season saw the introduction of a points scoring system in England. Tries were worth one point, conversions and penalty goals were worth two points and dropped goals worth three points.
In November 1890 the committee granted a bonus of two shillings and six pence for the first team players and one shilling each for the "A" team for their matches against Rochdale Hornets.
The 1891/2 season saw the value of a try increased from one point to two, the value of a conversion and penalty goal increased from two points to three and the value of a dropped goal increased from three points to four.
In September the Club made a tour of the Isle of Man. Matches against Douglas and the Isle of Man were both won.
The feud against Runcorn was now settled and the two clubs resumed fixtures.
There was concern about intentions of Derbyshire and East Coast Railway to take over the ground.
Due to poor accommodation the Club's headquarters were moved from the Roebuck Hotel to the Norton Arms. This was located on Wilderspool Road, about 20 yards from the railway crossing.
In November and December a smallpox epidemic caused the cancellation of some fixtures, including the abandonment of the Club tour.
At the end of a 2-2 draw with Salford, a section of the crowd who disagreed with the referee's decisions mobbed the official as he left the ground. These actions resulted in the ground being suspended.
Many Northern clubs were agitating for authority to pay their players for "expenses" to cover time they had from their work to play rugby. The English Rugby Union stubbornly refused all demands.
The Club turned the clock back twelve years when they ran the 2nd team as a separate club, Warrington Excelsior. This was because the team (3rd after first and "A") were having trouble in getting any matches, clubs of any standing did not want to play a third team.
The 1893/4 season saw the value of a try increased from two points to three and the value of a conversion reduced from three points to two. A penalty goal was still worth three points, while dropped goals and goals from marks were still worth four points.
Warrington benefited from the decision of the Stockton Heath Club to disband because three of their best players, Fair Barber, F. Broady and G. Cross immediately joined the Wirepullers. That trio, in combination with local lad C.Burton from the St Mary's team formed the Club's first great threequarter line.
Warrington had their best season so far and finished third in the table in the Lancashire Cup Competition.
A severe frost in January resulted in there being no matches played for two months.